It’s recreation time again. Before taking your Boat or RV out of storage, make sure you view our checklist to make sure you are ready to roll. We are here to help you with your questions and make sure you are properly covered.
Pre-season checklist for boat or RV
Start the season off right! Review these tips before you even leave the storage facility.
- Remove covers and inspect the entire vehicle to ensure everything is in good working order. Take your boat to a qualified marina for a detailed inspection.
- Make sure tires have the proper air pressure.
- Check fluid levels and make sure there are no leaks.
- Before starting the vehicle, check under the hood for any animals or birds that may have nested.
- Check all batteries and cables. Replace batteries in smoke detectors.
- Test headlights and brake lights.
- Be sure to replace boat plugs before putting in the water.
- Ensure state certifications or registrations are up-to-date.
- Review your owner’s manual, or take the vehicle to a dealership or service location to make sure it’s ready.
Review your insurance policy for the optional specialized coverages you may need, such as Roadside Assistance, Emergency On-Water Towing (Boat) and Vacation Liability (RV), just to name a few. For more information on these or other specialized coverages, contact our agency at (859) 224-0316.